In this lesson, we'll take a look at learning an ol' Blues tune that has made its way into a Bluegrass standard. It's the tune "Sitting on Top of the World" in the key of A. I've created two arrangements for this song that sits in the 'Advanced Beginner' to intermediate level. We'll play the melody straight-ahead the first time through using some very common and basic flatpicking moves. The second time through we'll get more creative with consecutive eighth notes, cross-picking, and moving up and down across the fretboard. Go ahead and give it a listen below!
This lesson includes:
- Downloadable/Printable PDF Tabs, Notation, and GP6 file (Both Arrangements)
- Over 40 Minutes of up-close video
- 4 Speeds of Practice Tracks at 140, 160, 180, and 200 BPM (With and without lead)
- Broken up into 6 separate videos so you can move around easier
- Slow Walk-Through video clips