In this week’s featured lesson we’ll be taking a look at the old-time fiddle tune ‘Saint Anne’s Reel’ in the key of D. I’ve created two arrangements for this lesson and we’ll be working out of the ‘open D’ position. The first time through we’ll work out of 1st position and play the melody ‘right on the head.’ The second time through we’ll also play a straight-ahead melody but we’ll move up the fretboard to the 7th position. We’ll also add more consecutive eighth notes on the B part plus some triplet moves. This tune has a beautiful melody and it’s one of my top three most favorite fiddle tunes. 🙂 Go ahead and have a listen below!
This lesson includes:
– Downloadable/Printable PDF Tabs, Notation, and GP6 file (Both Arrangements)
– Over 40 Minutes of up-close video
– 3 Speeds of Practice Tracks at 120, 140, and 160 BPM (With and without lead)
– Broken up into 6 separate videos so you can move around easier
– Slow Walk-Through video clip