Here are my two arrangements for the gospel tune ‘ The Old Rugged Cross’ in the key of G. This first time through sits largely in the Carter-style playing a straight-ahead melody. The second time through we’ll work all across the fretboard using multiple chords shapes. We’ll be using a very sweet portion of the fretboard which will help bring forth the beauty of this melody. I wrote this arrangement based on the vocal lines of Alan Jackson singing this tune from a live performance on Youtube.
This lesson includes:
– Downloadable/Printable PDF Tabs, Notation, and GP6 file (Both Arrangements)
– Over 45 Minutes of up-close video
– 2 Speeds of Practice Tracks at 80 and 90 BPM (With and without lead)
– Broken up into 6 separate videos so you can move around easier
– Slow Walk-Through video clip