Here are my two arrangements for the tune “Ol’ Joe Clark” done in the key of A. This lesson will be great for the beginner flatpicker that’s looking to learn their first fiddle tune! I’ve created two arrangements for this lesson. The first time through will be a very straight-ahead and beginner arrangement that plays the melody right on the head. The second time through we’ll get more expressive and turn that basic melody into a more intermediate arrangement with lots of consecutive eighth note runs, hammer-ons, and pull-offs. This is a ‘must-know’ at any jam or Bluegrass festival. Go ahead and give it a listen below!
This lesson includes:
– Downloadable PDF tabs, notation, and GP6 file (Both Arrangements)
– 35 Minutes of up-close video
– 4 Practice Tracks at 140, 160, 180, and 200 BPM (With and without lead)
– Broken up into 6 separate videos so you can move around easier
– Slow Walk Through video clips of each arrangements