This lesson is for the classic Bluegrass standard "Nine Pound Hammer" in the key of G. I've created three solos and two rhythm arrangements for this 'study piece.' There is a beginning, intermediate, and advanced solo along with a basic and intermediate rhythm lesson. We're going to take a deep dive into the nuances of both rhythm and lead playing in this style. I'll cover some classic bluegrass licks, runs, and ornamentations throughout the whole lesson. We'll start with the basic melody of this tune and work our way up to a 'Hot Bluegrass' solo. So, go ahead and give it a listen!
This lesson includes:
- PDF Tabs (3 Solos and 2 Rhythm lessons)
- Over 1.5 hours of up-close video
- 4 Practice Tracks at 140, 160, 180, and 200 BPM (with and without lead)
- Broken up into 10 separate videos so you can move around easier
- Beginning, intermediate, and advanced solo
- Basic and Intermediate rhythm lessons