In this lesson we’ll be taking a look at learning three arrangements for the Woody Guthrie folk tune “This Land is Your Land” in the key of C. The first time through is a basic Carter-Style arrangement in which we’ll learn a straight-ahead melody. The second time through we’ll move up the fretboard and use three useful chord shapes and play the melody within them. We’ll use a lot of cross-picking to fill in the spaces. The third time through we’ll really get expressive by using Carter-style, Flatpicking, and Cross-picking elements to bring this melody to life. Go ahead and give it a listen below.
This lesson includes:
– PDF Tabs (Three Arrangements)
– Over 50 Minutes of up-close video
– 3 Practice Tracks at 120, 140, and 150 BPM
– Broken up into 6 separate videos so you can move around easier
– Live performance tracks at slow and fast tempos