In this week's featured lesson we'll be taking a look at an original composition I've entitled 'Beginner Carter-Style and Flat-Picking Arrangements in C.' We'll be learning two arrangements that are played over a very common chord progression in Bluegrass and Old-Time music. The first time through we'll play a basic 'Carter-Style' arrangement in which we'll play the melody right within the chords all while accompanying ourselves. The second time through we'll take that same melody and play it in more of a 'Bluegrass Flat-Picking style.' We'll use a wide portion of the fretboard, different chord shapes, cross-picking, and consecutive eighth note to help get more expressive with the melody. These are both great arrangements if you're just getting started learning Bluegrass or Carter-style playing.
Go ahead and give it a listen! This lesson has been Soundsliced for easy learning. :)
This lesson includes:
- Downloadable/Printable PDF Tabs, Notation, and GP6 file (Both Arrangements)
- Over 35 Minutes of up-close video
- 3 Practice Tracks at at 140, 160, and 180 BPM (With and without lead)
- Broken up into 5 separate videos so you can move around easier
- Slow Walk Through video clip of both arrangements