I love picking on this song and its one of my favorites! Here are two arrangements for the tune "Turkey in The Straw" in the key of G. The first time through we'll work in the lower register in 1st position. The second time through we'll move way up the neck to 8th position. Both arrangements will play the melody 'right on the head.' This lesson will involve some cross-picking, consecutive eighth notes, hammer-ons, pull-offs, and multiple chord shapes. This is a must-know at any Bluegrass or Old-Time jam circle.
Go ahead and give it a listen! This lesson has been Soundsliced for easy learning. :)
This lesson includes:
- Downloadable/Printable PDF Tabs, Notation, and GP6 file (Both Arrangements)
- Over 35 Minutes of up-close video
- 4 Speeds of Practice Tracks at 140, 160, and 180 BPM (With and without lead)
- Broken up into 6 separate videos so you can move around easier
- Slow Walk-Through video clip of both arrangements